FAQ: How many API Requests Does Predictive Use? | Predictive Response
FAQ: How many API Requests Does Predictive Use?
There are different actions taken by Predictive that will impact your API Requests limits. This document outlines those actions and the estimated API calls used by each. One of the first things you need to know is how to see your API calls and to understand the limits placed by Salesforce.
- How can I see my API call usage?
- Can I run a report for API Requests?
- Standard Salesforce limits
- Predictive Actions
To see your current Salesforce limits and usage, follow these steps:
- From the Setup menu, expand the Company Profile folder in the Administration Setup section
- Click on Company Information
- Here you can see your limit and how many API Requests have occurred in the last 24 hours
There is a standard Salesforce report that you can run to show your API Requests for the last 7 days.
- Click the Reports tab in Salesforce
- Expand the Administrative Reports folder and select the API Usage Last 7 days report
- You can customize this report by adding filters and/or adding or removing fields (columns)
- View or export to a .csv file when done
- 5,000 calls per organization per 24-hour period, or
- 1,000 calls per license per 24-hour period, or
- 1,000,000 calls per organization per 24-hour period, whichever is lowest.
The minimum usage limit for any organization is 5,000 calls, regardless of the number of licenses
Professional Edition (with API access enabled)
Same as above
- 5,000 calls per license per 24-hour period, or
- 5,000,000 calls per organization per 24-hour period, whichever is lowest.
*This information was excerpted from Salesforce help files. For more information on API Requests, access the Help and Training section in Salesforce.
Approximately: 1000 members sync’d = 4 API requests
Before sync = 124 API requests used
Sync’d 30,000 members
After sync = 253 API requests used
Total API Requests used = 129
Approximately: 1000 emails sent = 16 API requests
Before email send = 253 API requests used
Sent 30,000 emails
After emails sent = 731 API requests used
*Total API Requests used = 478
*API calls are tracked on a rolling 24 hour basis. This means that every hour, the actual number of API calls is reduced, opening up your limit for additional usage.