FAQ: How does the opt out process work in Predictive? | Predictive Response
FAQ: How does the opt out process work in Predictive?
- Opt Out Direct: If a campaign member clicks the unsubscribe link in a campaign email, they are displayed as opt out direct in the campaign that sent the email.
- Opt Out Indirect: If a campaign member clicks the unsubscribe link in a campaign email, and they are a member of more than one campaign, the other campaigns are updated with a reason of Opt Out Indirect.
- Opt Out Previous: If a member was already opted out prior to being added to a campaign, they are listed in the campaign as Opt Out Previous.
- Opt Out Subscription: If you are using our Subscription Page feature and a member unchecks a subscription, they will have a reason of Opt Out Subscription.
Opt Out information is displayed in several locations in Salesforce:
- Campaign Member section on the Salesforce campaign page – Reason column,
- Campaign History section on the Salesforce lead/contact record – Reason column.
Opt Out Rates are displayed on the Salesforce campaign page, and
the Email Editions section on the Salesforce campaign page.
We also provide reports that can be run to provide this information for multiple campaigns as desired.
- Scenario #1: Global OptOut from email
- Scenario #2: Campaign OptOut from email
- Scenario #3: Campaign member sends opt out request without using the unsubscribe link in an email
- Scenario #4: Subscription Page
If you use an unsubscribe page that provides a Global OptOut (such as the default Predictive Response page) and the Campaign Member clicks the unsubscribe link in an email from Campaign #1:
- Member status changes to Inactive with Opt Out Direct reason in Salesforce and Predictive is updated to stop sending emails from this campaign
- Email Opt Out box is checked in the lead/contact record
- If the Lead/Contact is a member of any other campaigns, then the member status is changed to inactive and Opt Out Indirect reason is used in the campaign so that emails stop sending.
- If the lead/contact is added to another campaign after this occurs, then the status is set to inactive with Opt Out Previous reason and no emails are sent.
If you use a custom unsubscribe page with two options; global opt out and this list only opt out, and campaign member selects the this list only option:
- Member status changes to Inactive with Opt Out Subscription reason in Salesforce and Predictive is updated to stop sending emails from this campaign only
- Email Opt Out box is not checked in the lead/contact record
- Lead/Contact can be added to any other campaigns with Active status
Open the lead/contact record and click the Opt Out button:
- Campaign member status in all campaigns is changed to Inactive with Opt Out Indirect reason
- Email Opt Out box is checked on the lead/contact record
- If the lead/contact is added to any other campaign after this occurs, member status is set to Inactive with Opt Out Previous reason
The process can be reversed by clicking the Opt In button.
If you are using a subscription page, member clicks the Manage My Subscriptions link in the email and un-checks a box for a subscription:
- Member status in all associated campaigns is set to Inactive with Opt Out Subscription reason
- Subscriber Choices section on lead/contact record indicates Unsubscribed status
Campaign members can also globally opt out of all emails from the subscription page if desired.